Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team and connect with your potential.
Port of Vancouver is Canada’s largest and most diversified port, stretching along 360 kilometres of shoreline and waterways and bordering on 16 municipalities. We lead the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers, annually trading $184 billion in goods with more than 160 trading economies.
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for providing financial analyses of, and Business Case development support to, operating projects/programs, including advising on the development of supporting revenue structures. This position also provides variance analysis to operating departments and programs and manages the development of VFPA’s 5 year Financial Plan and Capital Plans, annual Operating and Capital Budgets, and balanced scorecards.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the provision of financial analyses of operating projects/programs, including providing recommendations for appropriate operating margins, commercial terms, and strategies to manage financial risk, and generally providing financial guidance and inputs to departments as required to drive improvements in business performance.
- Support the process to develop Business Cases to support the organization’s decision process, including consideration of alternative approaches, analysis of key risks, and development of mitigations where optimal.
- Guide and review the financial analysis of VFPA’s fees where they support VFPA’s operating programs.
- Manage the development of VFPA’s 5 Year Financial, Capital and Borrowing Plans and annual Operating and Capital Budgets, including risk and sensitivity analysis.
- Assist department management to control costs through the provision of accurate, complete, and timely variance analysis and assist in the formulation of follow-up action plans. This position also assists management with the development of project cost estimates and updated budgets and forecasts. This position advises on the development of key internal controls and effective accounting policies and procedures, as required.
- Manage the development of VFPA’s annual Balanced Scorecards, including Efficiency Metrics and subsequent progress reporting.
- Manage employees, ensuring that teams and individuals are motivated, have defined position descriptions and reporting arrangements, their performance goals are clear and actively managed and development needs are defined and addressed.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
As a successful candidate, you have completed a Bachelor of Commerce or Business Administration degree with a concentration in Finance, or equivalent, a professional accounting designation, coupled with a minimum of 5 years of related experience at a management level. Must have an excellent command of the English language, both oral and written. Proficient computer skills, especially spreadsheet, are essential. A Masters of Business Administration degree with a focus on Finance would be an asset.
You must have excellent leadership qualities and management skills, and possess excellent communication and public speaking skills to effectively interface with all contacts including all levels of business, government and the public to represent VFPA as a dynamic organization prepared to seize opportunities for Vancouver as a world-class port. Must have a strong customer service orientation while managing a breadth of responsibilities. Must also demonstrate effective decision-making, planning and initiative, while fostering the development of all of these competencies in VFPA’s emerging leaders.
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including an Earned Time Off program.
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please apply on-line by visiting http://www.portvancouver.com/careers/ by January 12, 2018.
(Please note this posting will remain open until filled.)
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.