How can you get involved?
Attend an AWF Event:
Fireside Chat Series (three to four times per year) – A speaker series at which prominent members from the financial industry speak to a small group of industry professionals. Fireside Chats provide attendees an opportunity to interact with top professionals in the financial industry in an intimate setting. Events are well attended by financial professionals including executives, bankers, lawyers, accountants and entrepreneurs.
- Recent speakers include Jim F. Manning, Regional Vice-President, RBC Commercial Financial Services; Lisa Wittet, Vice President, Integrated Markets, BC, RBC Royal Bank; Tracey McVicar, Managing Partner at CAI Capital Management Co.; Karen Vineyard, Senior Vice President and Regional Manager for Wells Fargo’s Portland Commercial Banking Office; and Christina Howton, Director of Business Development, PwC's BC Private Company Services.
Annual Economic Luncheon Event (November) – An expert panel discusses the economic outlook from a global, national and regional perspective and the impact it will have on BC businesses, families and investors.
- Recent speakers include Christine Hughes, President and Chief Investment Strategist; Jock Finlayson, Executive Vice President, Business Council of British Columbia; and Jim Allworth, Investment Strategist & Co-Chair RBC Dominion Securities' Global Portfolio Advisory Committee.
Annual Real Estate Luncheon Event (June) – A provocative panel discussion on the state of Vancouver’s real estate market and the reality behind the headlines.
- Recent speakers include Jennifer Podmore-Russell, Director, Deloitte Real Estate; Cathy Grant, Senior Vice President of Marketing & Sales, Intracorp; Jarvis Rouillard, Vice President, Investments, Triovest; Leeanna Petrik, Senior Associate, Avison Young; and Beau Jarvis, Senior Vice President, Developments, Wesgroup Properties Ltd.
Annual AWF PEAK Awards (May) – An annual awards gala attended by over 400 women and men that recognizes individuals who have made exceptional contributions to advancing women in the field of finance. Five individuals are honoured during a wine reception and gourmet dinner. In addition, funds are raised at this event for the AWF Scholarship Program.
Sponsor an AWF Event:
- Be an AWF Event speaker
- Partner with the AWF in presenting our Annual Economic or Real Estate Luncheon
- Partner with the AWF in presenting our Annual PEAK Awards, as a corporate sponsor
Nominate a deserving individual for an AWF PEAK Award:
- Lifetime Achievement;
- Excellence in the Private Sector;
- Excellence in the Public Sector;
- Rising Star;
- Champion (open to both men and women).
- At an AWF Event
- With the AWF Board of Directors and Committees