PEAK Awards 2019
On May 15, 2019, the Association of Women in Finance hosted the 22nd annual PEAK Awards. The sold-out event held at the Fairmont Waterfront hotel was attended by 400 guests treated to stories of five inspiring individuals who have excelled in the finance industry in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
Thanks to the generosity of the Gala attendees, $22,463 was pledged for the AWF Scholarship Fund with all proceeds to be used to encourage women to enter the field of finance, and to assist students who require financial aid to reach their academic and, ultimately, career goals in the finance industry.
- Lifetime Achievement - Susan Chortyk - Founding Partner and Vice-President (retired), PBI Actuarial Consultants Ltd.
- Champion - Walter Pela - Managing Partner, Greater Vancouver Area, KPMG
- Excellence in Industry - Tamara Vrooman - President and CEO, Vancity Credit Union
- Significant Board Contribution - Annalisa King - Chair of Governance Committee & Director, Vancouver Airport Authority, Director: Saputo Inc., The North West Company and First Capital Realty Inc.
- Rising Star - Abigail Ma - Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, British Columbia Lottery Corporation
PEAK Presenting Sponsor:
PEAK Honouring Sponsors:
- Canadian Bankers Association
- McMillan LLP
PEAK Scholarship Sponsor:
PEAK Print Sponsor:
PEAK Media Sponsors:
- Business in Vancouver
- The Globe and Mail
PEAK In-Kind Sponsors:
- Daniel Chocolates
- Diane’s Lingerie
- Forte Piano Vancouver Floral Art Gallery
- Poplar Grove Winery
- St. John Knits
PEAK Hosted Tables:
- Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC)
- CI Investments
- Clark Wilson LLP
- Coast Capital Savings
- Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
- First West Capital
- Lawson Lundell LLP
- McCarthy Tetrault LLP
- Odlum Brown Limited
- PBI Actuarial Consultants Ltd.
- Port of Vancouver
- UBC Sauder School of Business
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
CLICK HERE TO SEE PHOTOS FROM 2019